[Kmymoney] Re: QIF IMPORT PROBLEMS

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sat May 21 13:16:20 CEST 2011

Hi Alan

Your QIF is an import into securityA for buying and selling of shares
with transfers of monies to and from the chq account. We are at cross
purposes in the hierarchy naming. I also created a chq under Asset [chq]
which I call top level. And I also created a chq under Bank-Accounts
under Asset [Bank-Accounts:chq]. The Asset does not seem to be necessary
in the naming.
The securityA is an investment so I created an investment account under
Asset with securityA as an investment. When I imported your file into
the investment account. kmm put the Buys and Sells into securityA and
got/sent monies to and from the chq OK. But not with the second
hierarchy of [Bank-Accounts:chq]. This I could only do manually.

Unless I am misunderstanding something, this is how I read the QIF file.

Regards