[Kmymoney] Re: Fw: Re: QIF IMPORT PROBLEMS

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sat May 21 11:48:45 CEST 2011

Hi Alan

Here is the conclusion on testing your QIF file invAa.QIF.
This file has BuyX and DivX transactions on a security with
the monies/proceeds transferred in (Buy) and transferred to
(Div) a cheque account at top level ie not a sub-account [chq].

1) The QIF file you sent works perfectly in both import and transfers.

2) I then edited the same QIF file to transfer to a cheque account with
a parent account ie [Bank Accounts:chq], the transactions are imported
OK, but no transfer takes place and the transaction in the ledger shows
a yellow triangle/exclamation with the account field blank.

3) To check whether this was caused by my account hierarchy, I then
manually edited both 1) and 2) in the ledger to a "Bank Accounts:chq"
in the account field and both transfers worked perfectly and the yellow
triangle disappeared.

So it looks like kmm cannot handle [parent:sub-account] in the QIF
import, but can do so as a manual transaction.

I would be interested to know whether your csv plugin works with a
[parent:sub a/c] transfer?

Regards
Timothy