[Kmymoney] Re: QIF IMPORT PROBLEMS

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Fri May 20 10:43:42 CEST 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 09:13 +0100, Ian Millington wrote:
> When I first tried to migrate from Quicken to Kmymoney my files were
> reported as too old, and that I needed an older version of KMM. That was
> the KDE3 version - I don't know whether that has got any better so when
> I came to migrate I didn't try it.
>
> What worked a treat for me (and I know it's not the ideal answer) was to
> import the QIF files into skrooge (with over 12 years transactions on
> multiple accounts only 2 adjustments were needed).I played around with
> skrooge for a while but found it not so user-friendly. What I was able
> to do, importantly, was  to export as a kmymoney file which Kmymoney was
> then able to use.
>
> So, my take on it was that skrooge currently has the edge on import and
> export (at least so far as QIF is concerned) whereas KMM currently has
> the edge on function. Rather than continue to struggle it might be best
> to use the above way to get you up and running a lot quicker
>
> HTH
>
> Ian

Thanks. That is definitely worth a try. It might mean that I would
download a PDF file, convert it to QIF, import to skrooge, export to QIF
again and then import to KMM. At the very least I might get some insight
into what sort of format is acceptable in kmymoney and what is different
in my files. Does skrooge handle OFX export?

Timothy