[Kmymoney] Re: Kmymoney and Unity problem

Felipe Castillo fcastillousfq at gmail.com
Mon May 16 18:57:37 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 23:17 +0300, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> On Sat, May 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM, Felipe Castillo
> <fcastillousfq at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't know if any of you is using Kmymoney with Unity. Everything
> > works fine regarding the software itself, the only problem is the
> > window. Once Kmymoney is opened it uses the whole window (including the
> > upper bar) I can't switch to other windows using ALT+TAB, I can access
> > the menus by pressing ALT+F for the "File" menu and then just use the
> > arrows to navigate blindly.
> > I'm trying accessing the window menu by pressing ALT+SPACE and resizing,
> > unmaximize, or move the window. But it seems that nothing happens. Even
> > if I try to move the window from the desktop switcher, Kmymoney gets
> > snap back to the fullscreen.
> > I also have tried un/checking the KDE compatibility under Compiz
> > settings, but it seems to not have any impact on Kmymoney
> >
> > Does anybody else has the same problem? Should I report a bug for this?
> >

> Hi Felipe,
>
> What resolution do you have?
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

Sorry for the late reply, I was moving houses during the weekend.
Anyway, my resolution is 1280x800, I'm using an nVidia GeForce Go 7400
with the nVidia drivers (no the current ones since they don't work with
Unity)
When I just installed KMM from claydoh PPA, it didn't have any problems
at all, was working fine, but now, I'll attach a screenshot so maybe
somebody has an idea of what's going on.
The screenshot is not of just the window, it's my whole desktop when KMM
is running, as you can see, I can't see any panel on top or on the side
(set to never hide) and the only way to access the menu is by pressing
ALT+F (or any other shortcut letter).
I can't resize it no matter what I do, anybody any ideas? Keep in mind
that it was working perfectly for a couple of days until out of nowhere
it failed.

--
Felipe Castillo