[Kmymoney] Re: Kmymoney and Unity problem

Francois M francoismalias-forum at yahoo.fr
Sun May 15 16:10:55 CEST 2011

Le 15/05/2011 12:00, kmymoney-request at kde.org a écrit :
> I don't know if any of you is using Kmymoney with Unity. Everything
> works fine regarding the software itself, the only problem is the
> window. Once Kmymoney is opened it uses the whole window (including the
> upper bar) I can't switch to other windows using ALT+TAB, I can access
> the menus by pressing ALT+F for the "File" menu and then just use the
> arrows to navigate blindly.
> I'm trying accessing the window menu by pressing ALT+SPACE and resizing,
> unmaximize, or move the window. But it seems that nothing happens. Even
> if I try to move the window from the desktop switcher, Kmymoney gets
> snap back to the fullscreen.
> I also have tried un/checking the KDE compatibility under Compiz
> settings, but it seems to not have any impact on Kmymoney
>
> Does anybody else has the same problem? Should I report a bug for this?
Hi Felipe,
I run Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity myself. So far, I encountered no issue with KMyMoney under this environment:
- KMM opens with "restricted" window (English?), could then be resized manually
- no problem with expanding from there back and forth to/from full size window
- while using full size window, the top menu is fully operational
- no problem for navigating between desktops or views
In essence, KMM works exactly as before moving to U 11.04 + Unity at my end.
One more point, I installed KMM through U application manager (running version: Plate-forme version 4.6.2 (4.6.2))
This won't help you so much to find a solution to your issue, but at least it seems that Unity would not be the root cause to it.
Good luck.

--
Francois M
Dual boot: Ubuntu 11.04 amd64 - W7