[Kmymoney] Re: Category column in the ledger view

Vincent Frison turman at ohmforce.com
Fri May 13 10:37:17 CEST 2011

2011/5/13 Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de>:
> Hi,
>
> on Thursday 12 May 2011 22:56:58 Vincent Frison wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There's no way to add a Category column in the ledger view ?
>
> I am sorry, but I don't understand what you try to achieve. Can you explain
> that in a bit more detail, please?

In addition of the existent columns (No, Date, Details, Checked,
Payment, Deposit and Balance) it would be nice to have a column
showing the transaction category. That category info could be short or
long (ie. with a full path if the category is inside a category tree).
And for the splitted transactions, it would just display "x splits" or
something like that..

That way transactions should be a lot more easy to identify (most of
my transaction details, which is a concatenation of Memo and PayTo
fields, are not very explicit).

Another advantage is the fact the user could click on that category
column to easily order transaction by category (yes it could use the
category view too and double click on a category but it's less
handful).

> p.p.s there's (usually) no need to send things twice

Sorry, I sent twice because the first post was with a wrong mail identity..

Thanks, Vincent.