[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Ian Millington ian at ianmillington.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 13:23:44 CEST 2011

Hi

I've tried with both 4.5.2 and 4.5.3 with the same result. It works with
1.0.5 though.

I tried setting KMM to show only transactions from 1/1/2011. No difference.

I'm not sure how I would run a transaction report by payee. Do you have
any guidance on that please?

Also, I don't know how valid this is but running a consistency check
produces the error "consistency check failed - invalid transaction to be
modified".

I can't get past the fact that 1.0.5 works on this but 4.x.x doesn't. Weird!

On 31/03/11 10:55, aga wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 09:13:37 +0100
> Ian Millington<ian at ianmillington.co.uk>  wrote:
>
>> Hi Allan
>>
>> I exported from both 1.05 and 4.5.3. I've sent you the latter. Here
>> with 4.5.3 I can open the anonymous file but cannot edit the payee
>> list still. There is no problem with 1.0.5
>>
>> On receipt of your message, thinking it might be a config issue, I
>> renamed the rc file in my home directory, but the end result was the
>> same - clicking anywhere in the payee pane (buttons or payee names)
>> causes an instant freeze of the program.
>>
>> Don't know if this helps, but I have run KMM in a terminal and here
>> is the message. The final lines are when the data file has loaded -
>> clicking in the payee area produces nothing. Does this help?
>>
>> Ps this files a bit smaller than the last:-)
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian
> Hi Ian
>
> Those messages are normal, that is, I get them, too.
>
> I'm on the svn version, so I've now installed the openSuse version,
> which is 4.5.2.  This too has no problem with your payees in the anon
> file.  I can select, edit and delete them without problem.
>
> So, if I can do this on svn and 4.5.2, and you can't on 4.5.3, that
> suggest an incompatibility between 4.5.3 and your file.  If you haven't
> already done this, could you try 4.5.2?
>
> Another couple of things you could try first.  If you could open the
> config. settings, and then General/Filter, change the year to, say
> 2011 to exclude earlier details.  See if that might exclude a problem
> payee.  If so, try an earlier year, and, if not, try a later month.  If
> this makes a difference in any way, you might be able to narrow down to
> the problem, although with the number of payees you have, it could be a
> bit laborious.
>
> The other way would be to run a Transactions report by payee, and see
> if that coughs, or gives any indication of a problem.
>
> A final thing I might be tempted to try, if all else failed, is to
> produce an xml file of your real data, and do a search and replace in
> it.  It's a bit tricky, for me anyway, but I did succeed in replacing
> every payee with a single new payee.  I think you said you would be too
> upset to lose your payees?  Very important to save the result with a
> new name, to avoid overwriting real data.  If you get to this stage,
> let me know!
>
> allan
>
>> On 31/03/11 00:23, aga wrote:

>>> Were you able to reproduce the problem with the anon file?
>>>
>>> Here, the file loads OK and I can select the payees, and use the
>>> buttons to delete.
>>>
>>> Was the file from which it was produced your problem one, or one
>>> from KMM2?
>>>
>>> Allan

Created in Mozilla Thunderbird and Kubuntu Linux - all free software
www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird
www.kubuntu.org