[Kmymoney] Re: No icon/symbol for KMyMoney

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Mon Jan 31 15:12:56 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Cristian Oneț <onet.cristian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> on Monday 31 January 2011 14:37:23 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

>>> Hmm ... it's me you're asking this question to?
>>
>> No, sorry. The question is geared towards the developers.
>
> From what I see in CMakeLists.txt the application icon is installed in
> ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR}/oxygen we should just change this to
> ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR}/hicolor if we don't break the current behavior
> with this.

That's been like that for the last year and a half. We could install
both sets maybe, but we have to recheck the names of the hicolor set,
because there have been many changes since we last used it.

How come other distros don't have this problem? Is there an extra
setting the package or us should include to make it easier to use the
correct icons?

I mean, we can barely maintain one, and now we are asked to maintain 2 sets? :/
Also, at some point, all these icons are moving to the standard oxygen
package. What happens then?

Please don't change anything until we have a clear view of the real problem.

Regards,
Alvaro