[Kmymoney] Re: No icon/symbol for KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 30 21:57:04 CET 2011

on Sunday 30 January 2011 19:45:35 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> 2011/1/30 aga <agander93 at gmail.com>
> > Hello Marie-Noëlle
> >
> > I should have asked... Are you running under Gnome or KDE?
> Gnome.
> > Do you have
> > System Settings (from KDE), which allows one to select icon sets?  If
> > so, does that make any difference?  There should be Oxygen I think.
> How can I find that?
> I use other KDE programs (Digikam, Kate, etc.) without this problem.
> > It may be a problem with your package which will need to be resolved by
> > Fedora, unless any other Fedora user knows more.
> >
> > Om my system, the icons appear
> > under /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/icons/
> In this folder, I find all the icons that are used inside KMM. But I cannot
> see the 'K' coin that symbolized the KMM launcher.

I forwarded this problem to the Fedora packager. Here's what he answered:

I could guess this may be kmymoney-4.5.x on non-kde desktop.  kmymoney-4.5
(vs the older kmymoney2 stuff) only provides oxygen,locolor icons (and no
hicolor ones which is bad).

Is there anything we can do to solve this for an upcoming release?

Thomas Baumgart

'I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.'
 -Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943