[Kmymoney] Re: No icon/symbol for KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 30 21:57:04 CET 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 30 January 2011 19:45:35 Marie-Noëlle Augendre wrote:

> 2011/1/30 aga <agander93 at gmail.com>
>
> > Hello Marie-Noëlle
> >
> > I should have asked... Are you running under Gnome or KDE?
>
> Gnome.
>
> > Do you have
> > System Settings (from KDE), which allows one to select icon sets?  If
> > so, does that make any difference?  There should be Oxygen I think.
>
> How can I find that?
> I use other KDE programs (Digikam, Kate, etc.) without this problem.
>
> > It may be a problem with your package which will need to be resolved by
> > Fedora, unless any other Fedora user knows more.
> >
> > Om my system, the icons appear
> > under /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/icons/
>
> In this folder, I find all the icons that are used inside KMM. But I cannot
> see the 'K' coin that symbolized the KMM launcher.

I forwarded this problem to the Fedora packager. Here's what he answered:

<quote>
I could guess this may be kmymoney-4.5.x on non-kde desktop.  kmymoney-4.5
(vs the older kmymoney2 stuff) only provides oxygen,locolor icons (and no
hicolor ones which is bad).
</quote>

Is there anything we can do to solve this for an upcoming release?

'I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.'
 -Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943