[Kmymoney] Re: Stability and Switching Versions

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 4 23:30:33 CET 2011

On 2011.01.04 09:49, Casey Daniels wrote:
Alvaro answered your questions about using the same data file with
4.5.0 and 4.5.2.

> Unless of course someone could tell me an easy way to get the files
> that I already compiled and moved over to desktop without having to
> recompile them?
If you are talking about the program and not the data files, that is a
much trickier issue.  If the two machines have the same architecture
(32 vs 64 bit, but also details of CPU features that might be set as
compiler options) it should be possible to use the same compiled files
in both places.  However, that would also depend on things like finding
the same system and KDE libraries in the same place.  If both systems
are running the same version of the same distribution, it would
probably work - but otherwise I would consider it very experimental.
While it's not likely to trash your system, unless you create a package
you could install and uninstall on the other system, I don't think I'd
try it.