[Kmymoney] Re: [Kmymoney2-user] QIF import - amounts have been multiplied by 100

Peter peter777 at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 9 13:09:46 CET 2011

Hi,

On Wednesday 26 January 2011 19:19:37 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [SNIP]
> It might be easier to use the following lead-in:
>
>   !Account
>   NANZ VISA
>   TCCard
>   ^
>   !Type:CCard
>
> and don't specify an opening balance transaction but simply add
> transactions.
>

> p.s. No guarantee that this will work with your version, but you can at
> least try.

I made the beginning of the QIF file like this ...

!Account
NANZ  VISA
TCCard
^
!Type:CCard
^

and it seemed to work okay; the closing balance is the same as the a/c closing
balance from M$ Money.

Just a few things ........... (I have done an export to QIF on that account,
plus converted KMY files before and after to XML, and then compared the 2 sets
of files (QIF/QIF and XML/XML)

1.  In some instances, where there was no category on the import QIF file, KMM
added a category. Here is a trans set on import ..

D03/03/98
T-39.17
POzemail
^
D03/03/98
T-24.00
PInstant Photo Pty Ltd
^
D03/04/98
T18.00
PANZ Bank
^

and here is what the (new) QIF had in it ..

D03/03/98
T-39.17
POzemail
LComputer:Internet Connection
^
D03/03/98
T-24.00
PInstant Photo Pty Ltd
^
D03/04/98
T18.00
PANZ Bank
LBank Charges:Cash Advance Fee
^

There may well have been a category 'Computer:Internet Connection' for the
payee 'Ozemail' on other trans though, so KMM may be just being 'clever'. It's
no big deal, as some of the newly added categories may be correct.   :)

2.  The date format on the (new) output QIF file was different, but only for
year 2000.  Here is an input trans ..

D05/08'00
T-0.30
PAustralian Government
LTaxes:FID
^

and the output trans, see the year as '100

D05/08'100
T-0.30
PAustralian Government
LTaxes:FID
^

But, this was only for year 2000, the exported date format for 2001 and prior
to 2000, was the same as input (e.g. D09/28'01 )

3.  Other

(i) The trans all appear as yellow, except for those that were 'already
loaded', by a previous import. I think there is a function to get rid of
that.

(ii) I noticed one 'split' was missing. the total amount was okay, with memo
details, but the 3 split trans were missing. yet other splits were there ??

(iii) Noticed memos were added, where a memo was missing on the import, and it
was a split trans. That is, no memo for total amount trans on input,, so KMM
enters the memo from the first split trans, and uses that as the memo for the
total trans (this is okay though, quite clever).

4.  One payee name went strange

i/p

D10/23'02
CX
MTyre - Puncture repair
T-15.00
PAutomobiles Dandenong (Aust) P/L
LAutomobile:Maintenance
^

o/p

D10/23'02
CX
MTyre - Puncture repair
T-15.00
PMobil
LAutomobile:Maintenance
^

Notice the string 'mobile' is in the payee 'Automobiles Dandenong (Aust) P/L'

5.  The XML file compare. Looking at XML files (before and after import

Added 81 payees - ok

Added a sub account under assets
    <SUBACCOUNT id="A000515" />
although this doesn't appear to be the 'ANZ  VISA' liability a/c as before, as
that still appears under Liabilities. Can see one sub-acount under Assets that
I don't think was there before, ... minor problem.  Some trans from M$Money
may have had a 'sub account' setup between the '[' and the ']' , like a colon
seperating the two.

6.  Noticed there are also quite a lot of duplicate payees. Same name, have
just been added again ??

All else appears to be okay, basically a whole lot of new transaction sets,
new sub accounts, new payees, etc, etc.  What I was really looking for in the
XML file, was to make sure that none of the other accounts were changed in any
way (bank accounts). That was one reason why I went through the QIF file, and
'removed' transaction sets that referred to other (bank) accounts, for this
a/c load, as they were already there from previous imports. This was mainly
due to the fact that I had a lot of trouble with importing, with the 'trans
matching' going a bit strange. This was sometime ago, it has no doubt been
fixed, but better to only add trans that affect this 'ANZ  VISA' account.

Regards,

Peter