[Kmymoney] problem importing qif file

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 22 12:28:56 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Monday 22 August 2011 13:42:15 Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Monday 22 August 2011 08:34:41 Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> >

> > [...]
> >
> > Depending on the !Type you removed it could cause the trouble with the
> > date format. It would be very helpful, if you also write down the error
> > messages you see so that we can analyze them. The more details you give
> > us, the better
> > we can help.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart
> >
> > GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> > Computer science terms (#095): PGP-Keysigning-Party
> >
> >  The cult of sitting together and collectively mumbling magic numbers.
> >  -- Gert Doering

> Here's a screen shot of the error message.  If I click continue it will
> load 2-3 transactions only of a much larger checking account file.
>
> I exported a single account from quicken, exported as a qif.

Can you send me (not the list) please the output of the following commands:

   grep ^D your-qif-data-file.qif > test.txt
   gzip test.txt

Please replace 'your-qif-data-file.qif' with your actual QIF filename.  Please
send me the resulting test.txt.gz file. TIA.

'Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.'
 -Popular Mechanics, 1949