[Kmymoney] KMyMoney Digest, Vol 13, Issue 22

Gary Kirkpatrick pegngary at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 12:29:39 UTC 2011

> Jack, reading in Quicken 10 help it does not say it can export a qif file
> in a
> format that other money programs can read.  You can export reports that can
> be
> read by spread sheet programs and even word processing programs but not
> transactions.
>

> The output of  file date.qif is :  ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators.
>  So I
> tried opening with text ed again and it opened this time.  Just a long
> document
> in one column.  Progress?
>
> gary
> --------------
> Please post the first five to ten lines of the file here - you can change
> any
> account numbers or actual amounts.  Then we can confirm whether or not it
> is
> really a QIF file.
>

> However, the CRLF means it was exported on a PC.  I'm pretty sure KMM will
> read
> it correctly with either PC or Linux line endings (can someone confirm
> this?)
> but just as a test you could try "dos2linux < date.qif > newdate.qif" to
> change
> the line endings and see if that copy will import.
>
> Jack

Here are the first few lines.  The error messge reads Account has Invalid
type then KMM freezes.

!Type:Tag
Nancestry
^
NBarcelona trip
^
NHostess Gifts
^
NHotels, B&Bs, etc.
^
NHousehold
^
NInsurance
^
NLabor
^
NMaterials
^
Npostage
^
NPrisca Project

Will try dos2linux < date.qif > newdate.qif and report.

gary