[Kmymoney] Encryption with KMyMoney problem

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Aug 15 17:00:30 UTC 2011

Hi,

on Monday 15 August 2011 18:41:16 Felipe Castillo wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've been using KMM for a long time, always using encryption to save my
> files. With these new update I can't access my file anymore. When I open
> the encrypted file I get a dialog asking me to set the base currency,
> after that it seems that the file has been open even though no dialog
> asked me for a password. When I head to accounts or ledgers I don't see
> anything. I'm using KMM 4.6 from Claydoh respository for Ubuntu 11.04
> Any help would be appreciated

Quick workaround, though I don't have any problem at all, but I am not using
Clay's ppa:

a) gpg -d xxx.kmy > xxx.xml
b) kmymoney xxx.xml

This allows you to read your data but certainly it is not encrypted anymore.

Do you have all the required packages installed?

Faster, better, cheaper - choose two of the above.
 - Old engineering proverb