[Kmymoney] Thank you and Feedback MSMoney QIF to KMyMoney

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:17:45 UTC 2011

On Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:43:12 +1000
Peter <cave at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> Hello All / Allan
>
> Thank you to everyone who so willingly offered advice and help - it
> was very heartening.
>
> The technique of stripping the .qif file from below the !T:CCard line
> to the first real transaction worked perfectly.
>
> From my perspective I also found it useful that KMM asked me which
> account the data should now be imported to, providing me with
> confirmation that the import was going where I wanted it to go rather
> than the process being totally automated and the result being what the
> computer thought it wanted to do - just my personal preference.
>
> It also worked on KMM1.0.4 on Linux Mint 9 where it did not previously
> work either. I did not try on Linux Mint 8 which would have been
> where I first gave up but it most likely works there too.
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Peter
> Linux Mint 11 & KMM 4.5.3

Hi Peter

Glad we've got you on the way, finally!

Please be aware of a possible 'gotcha' when removing the opening
balance item.  The account opening date is likely to get set to the
current date, and any items from earlier cannot be edited, unless you
edit the account opening date appropriately.

Allan