[Kmymoney] Using postgresql with KMyMoney

Fernando Vilas fvilas at iname.com
Wed Aug 10 01:25:17 UTC 2011

On Saturday, August 06, 2011 01:26:29 Sara wrote:
> Hi Fernando,
>
>  Yes I have installed postgresql from the Arch repositories. I recently
> upgraded to KDE 4.7 and now the postgresql driver is now listed as one of
> the options under the save as database dialog.
>
>  However, I am experiencing a new issue while entering a new transaction
> into any ledgers. While keying in the details, the date appears as
> yyyammmamdd, for example, if it is August 6th, 2011, the date will appear as
> 2011am08am06. However, after completing the entry, the date will correctly
> appear as per my short date preference. It looks like this has something to
> do with my locale settings. What are your thoughts on this?

Sara,

	I am glad to hear that you managed to connect to the database. Is the
date issue related to using the database backend versus the xml one?

	You are correct that the date display is normally controlled by the
locale settings. There may be an issue if the date display in use is "yyyy-mm-
dd" if the delimiter is something that your language setting cannot display.
That is usually displayed as something other than "am", though.

--
Thanks,
Fernando Vilas
fvilas at iname.com