[Kmymoney] Re: Fields mess on OFX import

Vincent Frison turman at ohmforce.com
Tue Apr 26 01:27:35 CEST 2011

On Friday 22 April 2011 at 22:26:29, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for your response but I'm still unable to see the option.
> >
> > On my account detail dialog, there's 4 tabs only : General,
> > Establishment, Hierarchy, Limits and Taxes but there's no Online tab.
> >
> > Maybe I have to attach my account to an online account first ? It would
> > look strange for me because you may want to use the OFX import feature
> > without using the online banking feature (that's my case).
>
> OK, the option is only available for online banking, but certainly would
> make  sense for the plain file import as well. Simply attaching the
> account to some online source would not help while you still try to import
> from a file.
>
> Guess, we need a new wishlist item. Feel free to open one at
>
> https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kmymoney4&format=guided

It's done.

On my side I writted a small script in order to swap MEMO and NAME tag content directly in the OFX
file. But in my case I needed to add a condition because I don't need to swap on every transaction. I
have to swap for card payments only because for direct debits or checks, my bank already uses the
right order.

I'm not sure it could be generalized as a new KMM feature..

Thanks, Vincent.