[Kmymoney] QIF IMPORT: ERROR MESSAGE

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sat Apr 23 11:27:20 CEST 2011

Hi

I am running KMM 1.0.5 on KDE 3.5.10 on Ubuntu Maverick.

I have written a program to output a QIF from a PDF.
The QIF imports into KMM via the File/Import/QIF... correctly.

However when I right click on the QIF file and I try to open via "Open
with KMyMoney" from the desktop box menu I get:

1) If KMM is open:-> "Another instance of KMyMoney is already running.
Do you want to quit?" If I quit and close the running KMM and try again
with the right click open I get:

2)File /home/timothy/Desktop/AG_LA_1220.qif contains the old binary
format used by KMyMoney. Please use an older version of KMyMoney (0.8.x)
that still supports this format to convert it to the new XML based
format.

I mention 1) because when I right click and open an OFX file it goes
straight into the QIF import of KMM whether KMM is already running or
not.

I have tried the versions of QIF which I originally used to import my
data from MsMoney and get the same error. I searched for "new XML based
QIF format" with no success.

Basically the QIF file I have generated (and possibly every QIF file) is
accepted by KMM only when importing from KMM itself. This makes for a
number of extra steps and in any case a spurious error message.

Can I work round this to give the same results as OFX formats?
Could you please give me the names of the source files that handle the
QIF importation to see if I can glean a better understanding of how KMM
treats QIF?

Regards
Timothy