[Kmymoney] Re: Cannot edit payee list

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 2 09:53:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Friday 01 April 2011 01:48:06 aga wrote:

... and it wasn't an April Fool's joke :)

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 23:37:30 +0100
>
> Ian Millington <ian at ianmillington.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> > Could the issue be the way I
> > set up the user account? I simply exported the kmy file from skrooge,
> > opened it in kmy, set the preferences and saved. Should I have done
> > it differently?
>
> I would suspect that the official answer here might be that inputting a
> non-KMM-created .kmy file is not supported, and that one creates a new
> file in KMM and then build it up, and/or import via qif or ofx or
> gnucash.  Did you try importing your qif into gnucash?

To give this suspected answer into some more 'official' background: In case of
skrooge we are more than happy to solve any issue with our friends over at
that project. So the 'not supported' does not come along that strong as in the
commercial world.

p.s. After all it seems to be another performance issue between KDE4 and our
usage of it. Thanks to Ian for all his help to nail this down. It is much
appreciated.

I used to be a hypochondriac AND a kleptomaniac. So I took something for it.