[Kmymoney] Re: Introduction & Budgeting question

Cristian Oneţ onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 13:48:29 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Ian Waddington <iwaddox at gmail.com> wrote:
> My budgeting question
> I have a question about how KMyMoney deals with annual budgeting items. If I
> budget £120 to be spent at any time during the year I'd like to know what by
> budget would be at the beginning of February for the remainder of the year
> if I had spent nothing during January. By my math it should still be £120,
> could someone please let me know if this is how KMyMoney works?  If it is I
> might be able to discard my spreadsheets.
> To summarise my point - monthly budgets are just that monthly, you either
> spend it or lose it, whereas the annual budget should be available all year
> (until overspent of course).

The yearly budgeted amounts will appear in the budget related reports
as split up for each month which is a bit strange because if you spend
the whole sum in one month you'll end up being negative on all the
other months. So the trick is when reading budgeting reports for
yearly sums only look at the last column (showing the total).

Regards,
Cristian