[Kmymoney] Re: DATES INSTEAD OF PRICES

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Nov 18 15:23:36 CET 2010

Hi,

on Thursday 18 November 2010 15:13:04 timothy wrote:

> Sorry I am not too good at command line stuff. Here are various
> combinations which I have tried. I have checked that the script
> financequote.pl is there.

Forget the quotes all together. Here's what I get on my openSUSE box:

thb:~> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/misc/financequote.pl za SLM > test.out
Use of uninitialized value in transliteration (tr///) at
        /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/Finance/Quote/ZA.pm line 148 (#1)
    (W uninitialized) An undefined value was used as if it were already
    defined.  It was interpreted as a "" or a 0, but maybe it was a mistake.
    To suppress this warning assign a defined value to your variables.

    To help you figure out what was undefined, perl will try to tell you the
    name of the variable (if any) that was undefined. In some cases it cannot
    do this, so it also tells you what operation you used the undefined value
    in.  Note, however, that perl optimizes your program and the operation
    displayed in the warning may not necessarily appear literally in your
    program.  For example, "that $foo" is usually optimized into "that "
    . $foo, and the warning will refer to the concatenation (.) operator,
    even though there is no . in your program.

thb:~> od -c test.out
0000000   "   S   L   M   "   ,   "   2   0   1   0   -   1   1   -   1
0000020   7   "   ,   "   2   6   .   6   9   "
0000032

I used od to dump the data because the final newline is missing from F::Q.