[Kmymoney] KMM4 (MUCH) SLOWER THAN KMM2

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Thu Nov 11 08:03:29 CET 2010

Hi
I have just upgraded to ubuntu maverick from lucid and have had kmm4
installed by default (I guess). I was previously running KMyMoney 1.0.5
using KDE 3.5.10 on Ubuntu Lucid.

I find 4 slower than 2. Is this because I am running ubuntu and not
kubuntu? For instance just to change the status of a transaction in the
ledger (C,R) - the orange bar at the bottom indicates 100% and one waits
for some seconds for the change to take place. Is it necessary to show a
progress bar for such a simple operation?

Also I am experiencing many updates via the Update Manager for the KDE
platform. Is this extra software dead weight because of the kmm4 needing
more of KDE? Things like the "get new hot stuff' v3 library for KDE. Do
I really need this?

Cheers