[Kmymoney] Re: Importing OFX puts transactions a day behind

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Dec 6 08:18:29 CET 2010

Hi,

on Monday 06 December 2010 04:56:30 Felipe Castillo wrote:

> Sorry for this so late response but I've been really busy. Well, after
> some playing around, I found out that the problem importing the OFX file
> is related to daylight saving time and not the other kind where 5 hours
> were subtracted.
> Now that I know what the problem is, how can I fix it? I'm not an
> expert, and my programming skills are basic, so I'm hoping that my
> Ubuntu installation has an old version of libOFX and there's a new one
> somewhere, with this bug fixed, that I can only compile and install
> (preferible just install :))

The only way I know of to fix this right now is building libOFX from sources.
Unless there is a package available for your distro that is build from SVN (or
CVS) HEAD. I am not a Ubuntu expert and don't know where to start looking /
ask  :(

> > Hi,
> >
> > on Thursday 02 December 2010 07:11:34 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > > Hi Felipe Castillo,

> > > Yes, they are correct, but ...
> > >
> > > <DTPOSTED>20101130000000.000[-5:EDT]
> > >
> > > Is actually a timestamp with the value of 2010-11-30 00:00:00 and is
> > > interpreted by libOFX before it gets transported to the first code line
> > > of KMyMoney. This part of libOFX subtracts 5 hrs by mistake from the
> > > given date which leads to 2010-11-29 19:00:00. Hence you see the wrong
> > > date.
> >
> > And if that is not the case you got bitten by the uninitialized daylight-
> > saving-time variable in the libOFX code. This will cause subtracting an
> > hour from the above mentioned timestamp, leaving you at 2010-11-29
> > 23:00:00 with the same result.
> >
> > In any case, you need to fix libOFX.

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.