[Kmymoney] Re: Importing OFX puts transactions a day behind

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Dec 2 07:11:34 CET 2010

Hi Felipe Castillo,

on Thursday 02 December 2010 00:34:28 you wrote:

> All the dates in the file are correct. When I import the file, the entries
> dated of 20101130 appear as 20101129 in KMyMoney and the same goes for the
> entries dated 20101201.

Yes, they are correct, but ...

<DTPOSTED>20101130000000.000[-5:EDT]

Is actually a timestamp with the value of 2010-11-30 00:00:00 and is
interpreted by libOFX before it gets transported to the first code line of
KMyMoney. This part of libOFX subtracts 5 hrs by mistake from the given date
which leads to 2010-11-29 19:00:00. Hence you see the wrong date.

> By the way, since I installed KMyMoney from the Ubuntu repositories, do you
> have a PPA so I can install the latest version (hopefully with all this
>  bugs fixed) when it becomes available?

Please check http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18719 for links to
PPAs.

p.s. please respond to the list or at least CC it. Thx.

> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Wednesday 01 December 2010 18:22:22 Felipe Castillo wrote:
> > > Hey everybody,
> > >
> > >  I've noticed something really weird today. Ever 1st of the month I
> > > reconciled my accounts and I always download the statement from my bank
> > > and import it.
> > > This time, when I imported it, I noticed something really odd, all the
> > > transactions I imported were one day behind, all of them. This happens
> > > to the OFX import, since my bank doesn't have other formats to export.
> > >
> > > I opened the OFX file to take a look and I can clearly see that the
> > > date there is correct, but when importing it, kmymoney puts them a day
> > > before, it's so weird.
> > >
> > > I'm going to attach the OFX file (of course deleting any personal info)
> >
> > This seems to be a long known libOFX bug. See my post on
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2872464&group_id=61170&at
> >id=496353 for details.
> >
> > The solution to the problem requires building libOFX from CVS sources.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart
> >
> > GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> > In a world without walls and fences,
> > who needs windows and gates?

Hexdump should be compulsory at kindergarten! -- Jos van den Oever
Found on http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3569