Show Balance Chart button (missing?)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun May 12 07:03:04 BST 2024

On Samstag, 11. Mai 2024 22:54:32 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I had some difficulty responding to the new bug about showing the
> balance chart for liability accounts.  Namely, I do not see a "Show
> Balance Chart" button anywhere, and I don't see any relevant menu
> choice.  The only way I was actually able to view the chart was to go
> to Settings/Configure Toolbars... and add the button for that action.
> I tried in 5.1.3, as well as a version from master branch.
>
> I didn't want to distract the discussion there by mentioning this, but
> I'm curious if anyone can explain under what conditions such a button
> might appear on the ledger.

AFAIR, it appears by default. You may had a local configuration where it
was removed. You can try by simply performing the following steps:

mv ~/.config/kmymoney/kmymoneyrc ~/.config/kmymoney/kmymoneyrc.jack
kmymoney (this now uses the default configuration of the app)
# exit out of KMyMoney
mv ~/.config/kmymoney/kmymoneyrc.jack ~/.config/kmymoney/kmymoneyrc

Hope that explains it.

"I know, a 'real Linux geek' doesn't walk around the wall: He bangs
his head against it until it tumbles down!" -- wobo on FLUG ml