investment default price entry question

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 28 08:27:27 GMT 2024

On Sonntag, 28. Januar 2024 01:52:34 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> In the new investment dialog, price entry can be price per share, all
> shares, or default.
> I assume the default is the setting for the Investment account within
> which you are creating the investment.
> In the new (investment) account dialog, you have the same three choices.
> Where do you see or set the default referred to here?  I cannot find it
> in any configuration dialog.

Agreed, it's a bit misleading. The default is the program default which
is "Price per share". Maybe, the initial idea was to have that modifiable
also through the settings and that got never implemented. So in the
investment account editor "default" and "price per share" are doing the same.

> Am I just not seeing it?

When you say, 'I wrote a program that crashed Windows,'
people just stare at you blankly and say,
'Hey, I got those with the system, for free.' -- Linus Torvalds