GnuCash import difficulty and interim solution

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 6 17:10:21 GMT 2024

On 1/6/24 11:40, Jonathan Kimmitt via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>    I am using Apple M1 macOS 14.2.1 (23C71), with GnuCash Version: 5.4 Build ID: 5.4+(2023-09-23) and KMyMoney Version 5.1.3-33a66be8a
>
> The converter was written with OCaml 5.0.0 but I would not expect any lack of portability for the XML handling.
>
> The error when trying to open the GnuCash XML  in the GUI was:
> Could not read your data source. Please check the KMyMoney settings that the necessary plugin is enabled.
>
> Based on what Mark was saying, it sounds like the failure is something quite trivial, however I lack the knowledge to debug it.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
I'll have to do some digging, but the first step would be to assure the
file can be read.  If it is on a local drive and you can look at it in a
text editor, then that's OK.  The next step would be to assure that the
guncash importer is present and enabled.  Go to Setting/Configure
KMyMoney... select Plugins on the left side, and see if GNC Importer is
present on the right.  If it's there, then we do have an interesting
problem.  If it is NOT present, then we need to figure out why not.  I
just confirmed it IS present in the Appimage versions, but I don't know
about the macOS version.