Building KMM on Windows - trouble with Gpgmepp

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Feb 4 15:29:59 GMT 2024

On Sonntag, 4. Februar 2024 12:05:16 CET Ludovic Delabre via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> First thanks for the great product ;)
>
> I'm trying to build KMM on Windows (with VS2022) from the master branch
> but it always fails with the following errors:

I think you refer to the attached screen shot here. The first line has
nothing to do with gpg itself but is a file that is generated as part of
the KMyMoney build procedure. I don't know why this did not get created
on your system or not found when compiling xmlstorage.

I have no idea about the MSVC build process because I only use cmake and
command line tools but not any windows IDE. Therefore, your mileage may
vary.

The file is generated as part of the kmymoney/misc subdirectory but only if
ENABLE_GPG is set. Searching the file here on Linux it yields:

thb at sy-346-nb /home/thb/devel/kmymoney/build  (master)$ find -name kmm_gpgfile_export.h
./kmymoney/misc/kmm_gpgfile_export.h

cmake prints an overview of features to the console. Can you provide that
for further analysis? Mine looks like the following (on Linux):

---8<---
Build type: DebugFull
-- The following REQUIRED packages have not been found:

-- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:

-- The following features have been enabled:
 * Encryption, Allows to store your financial data using strong GPG encryption.
 * Doxygen, Generate API documentation with Doxygen (for devs only).
 * Address book, Allows fetching payee information from KDE PIM system.
 * Holidays, Allows fetching holidays from KDE PIM system.
 * Forecast view, Adds possibility to calculate forecasts.
 * Reports view, Adds possibility to display chart and table reports.
 * Budget view, Adds possibility to plan a budget.
 * Online job outbox view, Adds outbox for sending online jobs.
 * SQL Storage, Allows storing your financial data in SQL database.
 * LibOFX, Enables OFX import, export, and Direct Connect using LibOFX library.
 * SQLCipher, Allows encrypting your SQLite3 database.
 * KBanking, Interface for the following online banking protocols: HBCI, EBICS, OFX Direct Connect, Paypal
 * Woob, Online banking interface using Woob.
 * iCalendar, iCalendar integration.
 * Warnings as errors, Enforces all warnings to be reported as errors.

-- The following features have been disabled:
 * SQL Tracer, It traces the SQL queries to the console.
 * IBAN/BIC data, Adds predefined IBAN/BIC numbers to KMyMoney (note: doesn't work yet).
 * Model test, Generate modeltest code (for devs only).
 * QtDesigner, Qt-Designer library support (for devs only).

-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
---8<---

Hope that helps or at least provides some ideas to figure out what is going on.

> I tries -DENABLE_GPG=OFF switch with no success.
> I also tried to install gpg4win, which did not help either.
> And -DVCPKG_MANIFEST_FEATURES="encryption" raised an error "gpgme is
> only supported on '!windows | mingw', which does not match x64-windows."

VCPKG is used for static builds. Not sure if it helps in any way to solve your
problem.

> What am I missing here ?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Have a nice day,
> Ludovic.

The gates in my computer are AND,OR and NOT, not Bill