appimage build failures

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 27 21:18:38 BST 2023

On Mittwoch, 27. September 2023 21:46:56 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On 2023.09.26 15:34, Ingo Klöcker via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 26. September 2023 18:43:03 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel
> > wrote:
> > By the way, the new AppImages will be built on invent.
>
> Do you have any idea when the switch might happen?

The switch will happen very soon. Since we do not sign AppImages currently
(only Krita does, but they do everything differently), there's nothing blocking
the switch. As soon as the SLES15-based Craft cache and CI image is ready the
switch will happen. I think it's just a matter of days until the last blockers
are ironed out.

> Also, will this
> affect builds for Windows and macOS as well?  We've been having
> increasingly common build failures for all three, although I think they
> are related to dependencies, which are clearly different packages for
> the different systems.

First all Linux-based builds (Flatpak, Android) will move from Binary Factory
to invent (hopefully this year), then Windows (hopefully until Q1/2024). macOS
will come last.

Regards,
Ingo