KMyMoney AppImage versions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Oct 23 16:47:39 BST 2023

On Montag, 23. Oktober 2023 02:54:17 CEST Louis-Philippe Allard via KMyMoney-
devel wrote:
>   Thanks Thomas for the information,  however I noticed that the
> filename no longer will contain the build revision?
>
> So if I retrieve the appimage of today, it will be named
> "kmymoney-5.1-linux-gcc-x86_64.AppImage" just as it will be tomorrow,
> the day after and anytime in the future.... So how to differentiate
> between builds if we have an issue that appears in a specific build ?
> Maybe the devs never used the build version to troubleshoot and debug?

This was just overlooked. Some incremental number like the build number will
soon be back:
https://invent.kde.org/packaging/craft/-/merge_requests/167

> I agree with the "5.1" .... Is it relevant?

Yes, the version (number) is very relevant. You want to know if you are
running the latest stable version (currently 5.1) or the latest (unstable)
development version. The build number isn't really useful without the version.

Regards,
Ingo