doc question - what gnuicash versions are imported by KMM

Mark Penner mrpenner at mailbox.org
Sun Oct 8 21:51:40 BST 2023

On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 6:02:02 PM CDT Jack Ostroff via KMyMoney-devel
wrote:
> Can the doc simply say that files from any recent version of Gnucash
> should be imported without problems?
>
> Has anyone actually used this feature within recent memory?

I have Gnucash 5.3 and KMyMoney 5.1.3. Today I tried importing a test GnuCash
file and also a copy of my personal GnuCash file and they both seemed to import
fine. As the documentation warns could happen, some of my scheduled
transactions didn't import straight across. I don't have any investment
accounts or foreign currencies, so my test doesn't cover those cases.

I have been using GnuCash since 2013 and I am thinking about switching to
KMyMoney. I will probably keep using GnuCash and occasionally importing my file
into KMyMoney to try it out while I decide if I want to switch, so I will
probably be testing the importer a few more times.

HTH,
Mark