question on account opening date

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 10 21:38:30 BST 2023

I am getting a consistency check error that a particular security does
not have a value on the opening date of 2023-04-03.  My problem is that
the single transaction for that security was imported 2023-05-07 with a
postdate of 2023-04-26.

I know it's easy enough to add a price on the opening date of the
account, but why would I  need a price weeks before I actually owned
any of that stock?

I looked at the OFX from that import, and do not see the date 04-03
anywhere.

I'm just curious to understand how that could have happened.

Thanks for any thoughts or pointers.