cmake cana't find Qt5::WebEngineWidgets (only on one PC)

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 28 21:47:54 BST 2023

On 2023.06.26 02:23, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Sonntag, 25. Juni 2023 20:38:15 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> > On my artix linux box, I was trying to modify an old PKGBUILD I had
> > use current master branch.  It finishes the configuration, but then
> says
> > it can't find Qt5::WebEngineWidgets.  Same result just running
> cmake in
> > a clean build dir.  I have the package qt5-webengine installed,
> which
> > seems to have the webenginewidgets pieces.  On my Gentoo box,
> everything
> > works fine.  The actual output is:
> >
> > CMake Error at
> > /usr/lib64/cmake/LibAlkimia5-8.1/LibAlkimia5Targets.cmake:65
> > (set_target_properties):
> >    The link interface of target "Alkimia::alkimia" contains:
> >
> >      Qt5::WebEngineWidgets
> >
> >    but the target was not found.  Possible reasons include:
> >
> > Both boxes have libalimia 8.1.1.  That file looks essentially the
> same
> > on both boxes (the minimum versions of cmake are different.)
> >
> > I used identical scripts for the initial run of cmake, both
> including
> > -DENABLE_WEBENGINE=TRUE.  Oddly, on the Artix box, running ccmake .
> does
> > NOT show a line for WEBENGINE, but there is one on the Gentoo box.
> Both
> > boxes have cmake version 3.26.4.
> >
> > One thing I just noticed, Gentoo has qtwebengine 5.15.9.  Artix has
> > 5.15.14, although many of the files included are 5.15.13, and
> 5.15.10
> > seems to be the latest actually released by Qt.  Might this account
> for
> > the problem?
> >
> > Any suggestions on what else I might differences look for?
>
> You can run cmake with option --trace-expand and analyse what cmake is
> doing to find the package and why it fails.
That doesn't show any errors other than as above.  There are only two
other mentions of Qt5::WebEngineWidgets in the output, and no evidence
of an error or other problem.  Oddly, it works for 5.1 branch  but not
for master, even though the error seem to be due to libalkimia calling
for WebEngineWidgets.  I don't know if it matters that the error occurs
when cmake is generating, not when it is configuring, which has no
errors for 5.1 or master.