problem using new payee in new transaction

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 17 21:41:09 BST 2023

When I enter a new transaction in the ledger with the transaction form,
as soon as I start typing a new Payee name, I get two popups asking if
I want to create a new payee, both with the name as typed after
entering the first character that makes the entry new.  I'll try to
bisect later to see which commit created this, but it's likely within
the past few days.  I'm reporting before more troubleshooting just in
case anybody  can think of the cause, although I don't recall any
commits that sound at all suspect.