how to export an investment account

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 10 18:29:13 GMT 2023

On 2023.01.09 02:38, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Sonntag, 8. Januar 2023 22:19:57 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to create a sample kmy file with long, complicated
> > investment and brokerage accounts for testing the sorting issues
> > recently causing problems, but I'm not doing too well.  I trying to
> > export one of my investment accounts and then import it to a clean
> kmy
> > file.  If exported as qif, on importing, it didn't seem to recognize
> > anything as investments, so it created a checking account for each
> > security.  Trying to export as csv, if I tell it to export the
> account
> > (instead of categories) the output is effectively empty.  Am I
> missing
> > something?  Shouldn't it be possible?
>
> Maybe another area we need to look into (QIF export of investments)
>
> > Thanks  for any pointers.
>
> AFAICT: source code is the only place to look :(
I've modified the csv exporter to include the symbol along with the
security name when exporting an Investment account.  It compiles
without problem, but when I try to run it, it crashes with an invalid
nullptr parameter when loading the reportsview.

Plugins: reportsview loaded
QObject::connect(QAction, KReportsView): invalid nullptr parameter
Segmentation fault

It now does that even with clean master branch (without my changes)
when I compile from my local git repository (out of source build dir.)
Compiling from a downloaded tar file from master branch works fine.
I've tried starting with a new empty build dir, same result.  Building
5.1 from git works fine.  As far as I know, I don't have any stray
files in the repository, and git shows only the changes I made in
kmymoney/plugins/csv/export/csvwriter.cpp.  I don't see any connection
to the Reports View.

Any thoughts on what I might be missing?