how to export an investment account

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 8 21:19:57 GMT 2023

I'm trying to create a sample kmy file with long, complicated
investment and brokerage accounts for testing the sorting issues
recently causing problems, but I'm not doing too well.  I trying to
export one of my investment accounts and then import it to a clean kmy
file.  If exported as qif, on importing, it didn't seem to recognize
anything as investments, so it created a checking account for each
security.  Trying to export as csv, if I tell it to export the account
(instead of categories) the output is effectively empty.  Am I missing
something?  Shouldn't it be possible?

Thanks  for any pointers.