some papercuts from master branch

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Jan 8 06:47:10 GMT 2023

On Samstag, 7. Januar 2023 21:27:16 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On 2023.01.07 08:53, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Not sure about the investment views, but I added some substantial
> > changes to the repo today that addresses the balance display issues
> > for regular accounts. I still have to take care of the scheduled
> > transactions, though.
> >
> > Note: selecting the balance column for sorting is suppressed on
> > purpose because the balance is calculated and is the result of
> > sorting so it cannot be used as its source.
>
> There is still something funny.  (Version 5.1.80-b96565589)  The
> balance seems good (running to match the displayed order) but in a
> checking (brokerage) account, I really can't tell what the sort order
> is.  Date is clearly first, status likely next (all are R so I can't
> test), but after that, it clearly isn't amount.  Security would be
> irrelevant for the brokerage account, but it isn't that anyway.  I'll
> be glad to provide a screen shot if it would help.

A brokerage account should behave like all other accounts: the first
sort column is the one selected on the header. In case it is a date,
then the following information follows in descending order:

 - type of entry (tx, schedule, online balance, reconciliation, ...)
 - status
 - amount
 - internal ID

If the main sorting attribute is a value, then (currently) the default
Qt behavior is called (and I don't know what that does). It would be
great to have a description on how you think the sorting should behave
in the various scenarios. Sample data would be a bonus to have :)

In case you want to take a look at the logic: it is contained in
LedgerSortProxyModel::lessThan()

> I wonder if the "Normal View" tab in the sorting config needs to be
> split for Investment and other account types.

I see. That part is currently not used at all (in master). I left it in
so far because I was not sure if it can be removed or if it might become
handy at some point.

Old ways won't open new doors. (unknown source)