some papercuts from master branch

Jeremy Whiting jeremypwhiting at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 16:33:28 GMT 2023

On Tue, Jan 3, 2023 at 12:25 AM Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel <
kmymoney-devel at kde.org> wrote:

> On Dienstag, 3. Januar 2023 05:15:14 CET Jeremy Whiting via KMyMoney-devel
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 2, 2023 at 4:56 PM Jack <ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net>
> wrote:

> Not
> > > I'm pretty sure this has been reported before.  When you select the
> > > Category from the dropdown, pay attention to how you actually select
> > > the value - clicking on it, hitting Enter, or Tabbing to the next
> > > field.  I vaguely recall only one of those lost the selection.  I've
> > > probably seen it myself, and just re-selected and moved on, instead of
> > > tracking down the cause.
> > >

> > Yep, if I hit enter, then tab it keeps, it. If I just hit tab to move to
> > the next field once it's the only remaining choice, it forgets. Ok
> digging
> > in to see what's causing the difference. Thanks for pointing that out.
>
> During a recent bug tracking issue, I noticed that the activated() signal
> of
> a combobox is emitted *after* the focusOut event is processed. See commit
> a69990c76bf. This could also apply here. Will take a look.

Yeah, maybe that helps. I'll watch for reoccurrence.

> > > Are you sure you actually have the date field selected?  In my
> > > experience, when you edit a transaction, no field is actually selected,
> > > even though one part of the date field is highlighted.  It looks like
> > > it is selected, but it isn't.  Hit Tab and now one part of the date
> > > field is selected.
> > >

> > Yep, date just looks selected, but the hidden "Account" combo box is
> likely
> > at first. Thanks, works much better once I tab into the date field
> itself.
> > hmm.
>
> The account combo box is used when editing a schedule. So it cannot simply
> be removed.
>
> @Jeremy: did you modify the tab order in any way or due you use the
> pristine
> version provided by the application?

I see. We may want to adjust the tab order then inside setShowAccountCombo
instead, to remove or add the accountCombo to the front of the order
depending if it's visible or not.

No, I didn't use a modified build, have been testing master branch for the
past couple of weeks.