some papercuts from master branch

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jan 2 22:48:32 GMT 2023

On 2022.12.28 09:25, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> On Dienstag, 27. Dezember 2022 03:24:28 CET Jeremy Whiting via
> KMyMoney-devel wrote:
>
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I've switched back from 5.1.x to master branch for the past week or
> so and
> > hit a few papercuts. Not sure if there are existing plans for these
> yet or
> > not. If not I'll file bugs for each and try to tackle some as time
> permits.
> >
> > 1. Sorting: Cleared and reconciled transactions for a given day
> were not at
> > the top of that day's transactions.
> > https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/-/merge_requests/182 fixes
> that, but
> > leaves the running balance incorrect. I think that is still sorted
> by id or
> > something?
>
> Regarding the balance I am not sure what we do about it. More so,
> when sorting
> is based on a non-date column (e.g. detail or payee). Would sorting
> by balance
> make sense at all? Also, if there is a filter setup the balance is
> certainly
> not accurate anymore. What shall we do with it? Display "---" or
> simply nothing?
>
> Ideas and suggestions are welcome. We need to have a clear
> understanding on
> how we want this to behave before I make any more changes.

I just ran into this issue with 5.1.80--ba8b90e64.  Sorting is default
(Post date, Reconcile state, Amount) but running balance is clearly
calculated in a different order. as the Balance and Cleared amount (the
same - there are no unmarked transactions) is on the transaction third
from the bottom.  As long as date is the first sort key, then I think
the running balance should be in the order displayed.  That was even if
the balances don't match a statement exactly for each transaction, they
should still match at the end of each day.