reconciliation vs date change

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Tue Feb 14 15:18:50 GMT 2023

Jeremy,

On Dienstag, 14. Februar 2023 14:39:46 CET Jeremy Whiting wrote:

> master, sorry, forgot to say

I am currently still fighting that one myself :) Hence I have
no real answer why it is acting that way.

I know it's not a really sufficient answer but describes the
current situation. Once I have more details/have it fixe I'll
let you know.

Thomas

> On Tue, Feb 14, 2023, 5:33 AM Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel <
> kmymoney-devel at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Dienstag, 14. Februar 2023 06:13:15 CET Jeremy Whiting via
> > KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to figure out how to trigger a redo of sorting when I change
> > the
> > > reconciliation of a transaction. Currently if I change the 5th
> > transaction
> > > for today from Not Cleared to Cleared by clicking in that column, the
> > > transaction stays below other non-cleared transactions. But if I move
> > some
> > > transactions from yesterday to today with move-to-today all are sorted
> > > again. I am not seeing the difference between KMyMoney::slotMoveToToday
> > and
> > > KMyMoney::slotMarkTransactions though. Both take a set of transactions,
> > do
> > > something to them, then file->modifyTransaction(tr); then do ft.commit()
> > > commit the data transaction, etc. Why does sorting not happen in the one
> > > case but does in the other? What am I missing?
> >
> > One short detail: 5.1 or master?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Thomas Baumgart

> > If you've got friends that have you thrown out of a plane in mid-air,
> > you don't need enemies.
> > (Sebas Kügler on http://vizzzion.org/blog/2010/06/jumped/)

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment,
until it becomes a memory. (Dr. Seuss)