Direct Connect / OFX Matching

Brendan Coupe 3 at coupe7.com
Sun Feb 5 00:05:04 GMT 2023

I set this up and don't think this is a great option. First of all, it
only works for regular transactions that you can easily schedule. Many
of my bills do not occur on the exact same day each month.

The second problem is that it doesn't work great for the paychecks that
vary by a penny or two every week. Due to how withholding taxes are
calculated for each check, they sometimes vary by $0.01 and since this
can happen for 2 or three line items, the total paycheck amount changes
by $0.01 to $0.03 over many weeks. Before, when this happened, the check
would usually match a previous check that had the same variations. Now,
since the scheduled transactions are fixed based on the one I chose to
base it on, I have to adjust the splits more than half the time (so
far). I'm sure that adjusting the scheduled transaction to match the
most recent two will guarantee the next check will match the original
splits (Murphy's Law).

A scheduled transaction works better for the occasional check that has a
large expense reimbursement but, so far, has been more of a hassle for
weekly checks.

A payee based limit on the time frame for matching would be much better
for my situation.

I will submit a wish list item and hope for the best.

**
*Brendan Coupe*
*3 at Coupe7.com*