build oddity

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Dec 24 22:34:15 GMT 2023

On Samstag, 23. Dezember 2023 20:00:25 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> This is actually not a new problem, but I figured I would finally ask.
> I know it happens when building from master branch, I am not sure if the
> same happens with 5.1 branch.
>
> cmake output says first that libofx is NOT found, but only a few lines
> later, it says it will build WITH libofx, which it actually does with no
> problem.
>

> -- The following OPTIONAL packages have not been found:
> * libofx (required version >= 0.10.0)

> -- The following features have been enabled:
> * LibOFX, Enables OFX import, export, and Direct Connect using LibOFX
> library.
>

> Is this just a matter of capitalization?  (That is referenced in
> CMakeLists.txt.)  It's not really any problem, just a bit disconcerting
> to see it fails to find a package, but still enables the feature which
> requires that package.

Oh, that's because the libofx version uses 0.10.9 in their package description
(which is used externally) and have 7.0.4 as their .so Version. The cmake
stuff they provide uses the  so-version and that is why the first shot fails.
Once this is corrected (I may have to come up with a patch) this will not
happen anymore.

In case it fails, we have another trick up our sleeves and search for libofx
using a different method. This is why we find it nevertheless and can use it.

You may find the corresponding code in CMakeLists.txt file beginning at line 161.

If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind,
what does an empty desk mean 1 a b X