ongoing problems findind Qt5-WebEngineWidgets

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Aug 20 19:13:27 BST 2023

It seems the problem with cmake not finding webenginewidgets has been
popping up in a number of different threads in different support
venues.  In my current case, trying to compile from git head master
branch gives me

CMake Error at
/usr/lib64/cmake/LibAlkimia5-8.1/LibAlkimia5Targets.cmake:65
(set_target_properties):
  The link interface of target "Alkimia::alkimia" contains:

    Qt5::WebEngineWidgets

  but the target was not found.  Possible reasons include:

This is on artixlinux, where webenginewidgets is provided by the
qt5-webengine package.  The relevant cmake files in that package are

qt5-webengine usr/lib/cmake/Qt5WebEngineWidgets/
qt5-webengine
usr/lib/cmake/Qt5WebEngineWidgets/Qt5WebEngineWidgetsConfig.cmake
qt5-webengine
usr/lib/cmake/Qt5WebEngineWidgets/Qt5WebEngineWidgetsConfigVersion.cmake

Note on my system /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 are symlinked. However, I
wonder if the call should be for Qt5::Qt5WebEngineWidgets.

Is there a terminology difference (qt5webenginewidgets vs
webenginewidets) between different packages providing and using this
component?  If so, which is right and which needs to be corrected?  Or
am I totally off the mark and this difference is not relevant?