handbook update for master branch

Jack ostroffjh at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Aug 1 21:06:37 BST 2023

I'd like to start updating the manual/handbook for the eventual 6.2.
I'd like to start now, with the hope of having it all or at least mostly
done by the time we do eventually release 6.2, unlike the still
incomplete migration from KMM4 to KMM5.

I'd also like to find a way that the process can be collaborative, but I
don't want to clutter master branch with gobs of small commits, and I
don't want to make extra work for translators when there is likely to be
repeated edits to the same sections.  Would it be reasonable to create a
Handbook-6.2 branch for this?  I can imagine there being MRs against
this branch. This could be merged back into master when at least one or
two chapters are complete.

Thoughts and suggestions?

Thanks.