extremely slow behavior in master

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at aya.yale.edu
Thu Apr 6 22:47:43 BST 2023

As has been mentioned elsewhere, master branch has recently been
exhibiting extremely slow performance, but not necessarily
consistently.  With my personal data file, it takes over five minutes
to open the ledger of some of my active accounts, and recently took
over three minutes just to accept a transaction edit where I had just
removed the memo.  I've also seen similar behavior with a much smaller
data file.

I've compiled with profiling, and I'm attaching an output from "gprof
bin/kmymoney" run from the build directory.  I'm hoping someone else
can make more sense of it than I can, in hopes of identifying the
culprit.  At the moment, master is nearly unusable for me, as I
constantly feel like going to get a cup of coffee.    I've attached the
file zipped (358K) as the original is 3.6M.