most recent reconcile bar not displayed in new ledger

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Sep 4 10:58:26 BST 2022

Jack,

On Sonntag, 4. September 2022 00:11:27 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> With a freshly compiled version from git master - Version
> 5.1.80-ed16b731d - my Home View Account Summary shows 7.29.22 as the
> Reconciled date for all my Merrill Lynch accounts.  However, in the
> ledger, the most recent reconciliation bar in the ledger is for
> 6/30/22.  All the transactions in July are marked "R" (except for one
> or two, which I'm hoping is just my carelessness last month, and those
> are in the Investment account(s) so they don't affect the balance of
> the account.  I can just add to Issue 61, but thought this deserved a
> mention here first, in case it is an unintended consequence of some
> recent commit, and might affect other things also.

There are three places of information that have to deal with the reconciliation:

a) The flag on the split. That is not related to the last reconciliation date
   at all, esp. the date is never derived from those flags.
b) The attribute last reconciliation kept with the account which is set after
   finishing the reconciliation process
c) The reconciliation history which is kept with the account

I think a) is clear as it does not play a role here. b) is implemented in
master and 5.1, but c) is only fully functional in master. So I think that
you reconciled your account using master on 6/30/22 which left b) and c) and
the reconciliation on 7/29/22 was done with 5.1.x which did not update c).

The separators in the ledger use c) and the home page overview uses b) and
that is why your data differs. You could simply re-run the reconciliation of
7/29/22 on master to get the additional record in the history.

'Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.'
 -Popular Mechanics, 1949