new question/problem with direct connect

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Oct 13 07:12:30 BST 2022

On Mittwoch, 12. Oktober 2022 22:22:52 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> On 2022.10.12 16:10, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
> > On Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022 21:53:01 CEST Jack via KMyMoney-devel
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I've been working with my contact at Merrill Lynch to try to at
> > least
> > > be able to talk with someone with some technical knowledge, and I
> > just
> > > forwarded her a (redacted) copy of the ofxlog.txt from my latest
> > > attempt to download data - which "succeeds" but does not contain any
> > > transaction data, just stock position data.  However, in looking at
> > the
> > > file, I see a problem in the line
> > >
> > > <DTSTART>546361101
> > >
> > > Running a 5.1.3 appimage, that line is
> > >
> > > <DTSTART>20220925
> > >
> > > and that version actually does still download transactions from my
> > > Merril Lynch accounts.
> >
> > The ofxlog.txt file contains the data as received from the bank. If
> > it shows these weird values, then it is a problem introduced by the
> > sender. Does the request part show a date range and is that valid?
> > Is there a difference in the logs (esp. the request part) between
> > 5.1.3 and the version you use to get those weird results?
> That date is in the send part, not what comes back from the bank.  I've
> cleared out my  old logs, but will generate another one and send it to
> you privately.
> >
> > > 546361101 seems to translate to 1987-04-25 although I have no idea
> > > where that date would have come from.  I also don't see any code
> > that
> > > would use that form of the date without converting to ISODate.  I've
> > > looked at the git log for
> > > kmymoney/plugins/ofx/import/dialogs/mymoneyofxconnector.cpp and
> > don't
> > > see anything related to any lines dealing with dtstart, although I
> > may
> > > well have misread that log and/or be looking at the wrong file.
> >
> > That data is parsed by libofx so you cannot find anything in KMyMoney
> > other than the code you find in OFXImporter::ofxStatementCallback but
> > that uses the data extracted by libofx.
> Is that also true of the request part at the top of the log?
> >
> > > Any thoughts?  With the recent discussions about the Open Banking
> > > related changes, I don't want to lose access to accounts that still
> > > work with direct connect.
> >
> > I do understand that, but we can't do anything when the bank sends
> > that kind of data.

Ooops, that is in the request. Thought it to show up in the response. My bad.

Anyway, fixed with https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/commit/af8d7fc7a6a334e0e2cae85616b1d7508e3d1c5c
which also shows what the problem was which was created around the end of
August in https://invent.kde.org/office/kmymoney/commit/bc9f4d95f1c40cd51cfff36076640048b5d4273f

Windows: It's not pretty. It's not ugly. But it's pretty ugly.