Master Branch Status

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Nov 12 14:27:29 GMT 2022

Brendan,

On Donnerstag, 10. November 2022 17:12:31 CET Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> Sounds like it's worth a shot.

To second Dawid: I am using master for a few months now. I come across a few annoyances
here and there and try to fix them as I go. Of course, master is not as tested as the
stable branches.

> Do I need to do anything to switch to the master? Will direct connect
> accounts still work?

Yes.

At some point, it could be that we add new data items which will be lost if you
return to the old versions. For now I think, that all changes are transparent and
don't cause any problem when switching back - should we need it.

More below ...

> **
> *Brendan Coupe*
> *3 at Coupe7.com*
>

> On 2022-11-09 10:25 AM, Dawid Wrobel wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 6:18 PM Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel
> > <kmymoney-devel at kde.org> wrote:
> >
> >     I'm wondering if this has changed? Keeping in mind that I have
> >     plenty of backup files and I understand the risks involved, has
> >     the master branch gotten to the point where it is a viable option
> >     to use on a daily basis? I would like to be able to give feedback
> >     to the developers on the coming release to do my part.
> >
> > Been using it for the last 3 months, all the issues so far were mere
> > annoyances, nothing affecting data integrity.
> >
> >     As I recall, running the master branch caused some issues and
> >     switching back a forth between the 5.1 branch and the master
> >     branch was not practical. I assume this is still the case.
> >
> >     It would be great to get a short update on how far along the
> >     master branch is and if possible, how soon it may be released.
> >
> > Pretty much all the effort is on getting master to alpha state. Hard
> > to pin the release on a specific date, though. As for the remaining
> > work required, Thomas can possibly shed more light on it.

We may do a first alpha release towards the end of the year. I am currently
very busy at work and don't have very much time to work on the project.
Having a few more people who run it would certainly help to identify the
areas that still need some love.

Thomas

More does not equal better. Better equals better.