Master Branch Status

Dawid Wrobel me at dawidwrobel.com
Wed Nov 9 17:25:44 GMT 2022

On Wed, Nov 9, 2022 at 6:18 PM Brendan Coupe via KMyMoney-devel <
kmymoney-devel at kde.org> wrote:

> I'm wondering if this has changed? Keeping in mind that I have plenty of
> backup files and I understand the risks involved, has the master branch
> gotten to the point where it is a viable option to use on a daily basis? I
> would like to be able to give feedback to the developers on the coming
> release to do my part.
>
> Been using it for the last 3 months, all the issues so far were mere
annoyances, nothing affecting data integrity.

> As I recall, running the master branch caused some issues and switching
> back a forth between the 5.1 branch and the master branch was not
> practical. I assume this is still the case.
>
> It would be great to get a short update on how far along the master branch
> is and if possible, how soon it may be released.

Pretty much all the effort is on getting master to alpha state. Hard to pin
the release on a specific date, though. As for the remaining work required,
Thomas can possibly shed more light on it.

--
Best Regards,
Dawid Wrobel