Hard dependency on plasma-framework in Alkimia

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Thu Mar 10 08:45:15 GMT 2022

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 9:12 AM Thomas Baumgart <tbaumgart at kde.org> wrote:

> Hi Ben,

Hi Thomas,

> On Mittwoch, 9. März 2022 11:09:53 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > Recently some changes were introduced to Frameworks which means that they
> > now enforce more rigorously the platforms on which they build.
> >
> > This means that Plasma Framework is no longer available on Windows -
> > unfortunately though it looks like Alkimia has a mandatory dependency on
> > Plasma Framework.
> >
> > Are you able to make this optional or should we disable Windows CI builds
> > for Alkimia (and the projects that depend on it)?
>
> I just accepted https://invent.kde.org/office/alkimia/-/merge_requests/17
> so you
> can re-enable Alkimia builds once this is merged.

Thanks for getting that merged in.

> p.s. quite a short time frame from notice until cut-off for my taste.

That was a temporary measure only as I wanted to make sure there weren't
any other issues in other projects that also needed addressing.
I wanted to get this sorted as soon as reasonably possible to allow for
progress to be made on Windows CI on Gitlab.

> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> https://www.signal.org/       Signal, the better WhatsApp
> Linux, because rebooting is for adding new hardware ...

Cheers,
Ben